Monday, February 23, 2009

Ringing the Bell

Tomorrow is my last day of radiation!!!!! Hooray. The Huntsman Center has a cast iron bell that only patients who have completed treatment get to ring. Patients are encouraged to bring family and friends for the "big event" so Shannon will accompany me in the morning. It's almost unbelievable that chemo and radiation are behind me. What a blessing! I will continue to go to the infusion center at Huntsman every third Monday for my Herceptin treatments until July, and I will really ring the bell hard on that day! After I ring the bell tomorrow I'll visit with my radiation oncologist then head straight to the airport to spend the next two to three weeks with Dawn. I hope I'll be a good help to her. Brandon has accepted a new job with GE and will be based out of UTAH!!! He'll be starting up here on the 9th of March but we won't move Dawn and the girls until school is out and Dawn is feeing better. Thanks to all for your prayers and fasting. She is progressing well and the doctors feel confident she'll have a full recovery. It is impossible to express the gratitude I feel for the love and support I've been given over these past months. Thanks to all. I look forward to seeing Arizona friends and soakin' up the sun!!!
Love,
Shirlene

4 comments:

kristen said...

YAY!!! Shirlene I am so excited that you are finished with your radiation. What a fantastic day!!! My girls and Chris and I are thrilled to have you coming down today so we can all celebrate with you!! We are so happy that Dawn and Brandon will be in Utah!! My girls cried, Liv said she can't believe we will be "left alone in the desert". HA HA HA...too funny!! Now our house just has to sell and we'll all be in UT together. We can't wait to see you.
xoxo
Kristen

Anonymous said...

Hi Grandma! I miss you so much and I can't wait to see you! Check out my blog when you can! I love you SO much! I love you!
Love, Livy

Terin said...

Hooray! What a momentous occasion. I am so happy for you and wish I could have been there for your grand moment. That is really great. Congratulations. May you never have to ring that bell for that reason again!!!!

Tawnya said...

Way to go you "fabulous fighting" lady! Our prayers are always with you and your family. Glad to hear Dawn is doing better. Give us call and maybe we can get together while you are here. Love to all!