Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Day After......

Hello everyone! I'm loving this blog thing....I feel connected to everyone and what a blessing that is. It's been a long day, but a really good one. I was released from the hospital to go directly to the oncologist and it was great to meet with him and learn more about this disease and how we will proceed. There are so many factors to consider when treating breast cancer and we now have all but a couple of pieces to complete the puzzle. Chemo will not start any sooner than the 21st as my body needs to heal from the surgery. The chemo will go for 18 weeks, so I should be done by Christmas! After that I'll do radiation therapy for five weeks. Biologic therapy will continue for another eight months with hormone therapy taking five years. Mike and I feel very confident with Dr. Litton and we're really impressed with the Huntsman Cancer center. It is quite the facility with all kinds of free classes for patients and their family and friends. It's only about a 20 minute drive from my home which makes it even better.
Thank you for your love and support...I feel it and it does make a difference. I'm so grateful for each one of you and hope to be able to see as many of you as possible over the next few months. Chris and Kristen and the girls are coming up tomorrow and it will be sooo good to see them. Dawn and Brandon will come up around the 12th and Taylor and Susie hope to visit later on this summer as Taylor just started his Pediatric Dental residency in NY. I am feeling good, and have not had to take any pain meds since yesterday. I'm going to do everything I can to let my body heal over the next couple of weeks and hope that Mike and Shannon will have a little reprieve as well. If you want to write a comment just click on "comment" at the bottom of the post and it will guide you. I love hearing from you. My love to all.

11 comments:

Dawn said...

I love this blog thing too. We really can't wait to be with you and we're so glad things are going so well. Love you lots!! love, Dawn, Brandon, Zoe and Tatym

Amy said...

Good to hear from you and get an idea of your schedule. I will get to Salt Lake later in the month and hope to see you - hang in there.
Love
Amy

ShirleenGreenwell said...

Hi Shirlene, We finally figured out how the blog works. Yea!
I am sooo happy to hear that your surgery went so well. You have been in my prayers and thoughts constantly for the last few days.
You continue to be in our prayers and thoughts. You are a remarkable lady. I hope to be able to see you at the end of August on our way up to Washington. Talk to you soon.
Love, Shirleen

Nana Marilyn said...

It is such good news that your surgery went well. I just want to tell you that I think you are an amazing women. I know a little bit of what this entails for you and your family and you have already lifted my spirits and my testimony has grown just by watching you. There will be a lot of good come from this because of your testimony and postive attitude.
You're in my prayers, Love Marilyn

kristen said...

We are walking out the door right now to come to UT!! The girls can't wait to see you. We love you so much and will see you tomorrow!! Love,
Kristen, Chris, and girls

Missy & Kris said...

It was so good to see you the other night. I am so glad that you like your oncologist. They will take such good care of you at that facility. You and Mike know that you are in our thoughts and prayers every day. We love you and know that you can beat this! I hope to stop by this weekend, I will call first.
Love, Missy

Joan said...

I had no idea! You are so amazing Shirlene, our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family - you are such a lovely lady and so incredibly positive, please keep us on the up. Take care of yourself, can't wait to see your wig! :)
Love you, Joan

Tedd and Linda said...

Shirlene,

We were so surprised to hear about your illness, but we know that with your stength, you will face this trial just as you have so many others. We know that with the help of the Lord and that of your wonderful family, especially Mike. that you will beat this too. Always know that although there are miles between us now, all it will take is a call and we will be there. We love and miss you two and our prayers are definitely with you at this time.

Love Tedd and Linda Brandon

Anonymous said...

Oh, Shirlene! How I love and admire you! In my every experience with you I have witnessed you lifting and strengthening all around you. I am very sure that in this experience, your influence for good will be greater than you could even imagine! Your courage and faith will be an inspiration that extends far beyond what our mortal eyes can see.

My heart is so full of emotion as I think of you and your sweet family at this difficult time, but I am comforted by the relationships you have with our Savior and with each other. I know that you will be blessed by the Lord's tender mercies each day. I pray that you might all feel his loving arms around you --- strengthening, comforting, and sustaining you.

I'm sure you know that you have a lot of people in your corner, cheering you on. Everyone loves to cheer for a winning team, and when that team has the Lord and Shirlene Seare,... well, you just can't lose!!! I am in that corner. Please know how much I love you!

Tracie

Anonymous said...

Shirlene,

My dad sent me a link to your new blog. We had no idea. It sounds like you're in good hands with your nurses and doctors. Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.

Long live the Loma Vista Founding Families!

Anonymous said...

shirlene,
i was sitting on the beach in califronia when i got the news about this uninvited guest of yours. i thought about the irony that is sometimes this life - how crappy and wonderful it can be all at the exact same time, depending on which side of the challenge line you happen to be on. i am so sorry you are the crappy side right now, but it is so wonderful to hear how many friends, family, doctors, & caregivers are on the helping/serving/giving side. not to mention a loving, kind and supportive husband, the miracle of priesthood blessing and the peace and comfort that only the lord can give.

form the first time i met you i have been so impressed by your easy loving, and easy to love spirit...your down to earth faith...your unwavering testimony...your understanding that "things" happen, they just happen, and if we put our hand in the lords he will walk us thru it. It is wonderful to see all of those things still so strong.

i have always been impressed with your sense of style too. i have no doubt you will be one of the most beautiful chemo patients around and will be able to carry it off easily with your own particular style and grace.

i pray for you and your family nothing but the best of what the lord's has in store.

all my love, sharon scarlett.