Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wigging Out!

I think I'm a really good sport to let the girls post these pictures!!! We did have a blast shopping for my wig after a fun birthday lunch at Zin's for Kristen. The girls talked me into going for the one with highlights so when I'm not sporting the shinny cranium this will be my new look. I went for an EKG and more blood tests today, then visited with the surgeon's nurse to see if I could have the last two drains removed (I promise that is NOT my stomach) but unfortunately they will continue to be my very close friends for a few more days. It has been absolutely fabulous having family here. Chris and his family are on their way home, but Brandon and Dawn joined us last weekend and they'll be here for awhile. I've loved watching all the granddaughters laugh and play and dance and have good times together. Kristen and Dawn have been so sweet and helpful. I don't know many daughters-in-law who would help their fat, old mother-in-law the way they have, but it's been good for Shan to have a break. It has really lifted my spirits to have so much family around and I know it is a sweet tender mercy from the Lord. I've had a couple of surprise visits from Arizona friends as well - what a treat! I love having visitors. Thank you all for your continued love and prayers. I could not do this without your help.







9 comments:

Unknown said...

I had to share this article with you and your family. A friend sent it to me today... http://www.ctlibrary.com/ct/2007/july/25.30.html By the way, the wigs are great!

Jacque Gurney said...

Hi Shirlene! Deanna Chesley told me that you were in the fight against and on the road to healing! Way to go! If you would like some success stories on building healthy cells and uncreating disease - -I'd be glad to send them to you. It's great to see your beautiful family and it looks like you are well taken care of. We've seen Brandon and Dawn once in awhile. They are amazing! We miss you in Arizona!
Love, Jacque Gurney jgurney@cox.net

Joan said...

The gray one is just FABULOUS!**LOL**
You are so beautiful, how can you ever call your self fat or old - loved the wigs. You look absolutely amazing as always.
Still praying for ya!

Anonymous said...

i have just 3 words for you shirlene...HOT! HOT! HOT!

you may lose your hair, but if you can keep your sense of humor then you'll have won half the battle.

love you and hope all continues to go well. the scarletts

The Riggs Family said...

Hi Shirlene, I just wanted you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers. I love the highlighted wig, looks great.
Love to you and your family!
Tina

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirlene! You are quite the movie star! Always beautiful! Just look at you! Your daughters look so lovely in their new hair too! It is fun to have fun! It is always a treat to see your smile...you are all true troopers, even off camera when it is different...thinking of you always..love lots! Diane

Nikki said...

Okay...I absolutely love the highlighted one! It's darling! Hope you get the drains out soon! You are the most darling mother-in-law so how can those daughters be anything but helpful for you! We're so glad to see your smile and again tell Bishop I can totally relate to the "NOT SO FUNNY" part of all this :) Chad's still cracking jokes about himself being half a man etc.! I guess that's what keeps him going! You'll do great! Love you-

Anonymous said...

Hang In there
We are praying for you and your family

Anonymous said...

Shirlene,
You look beautiful!!!!! A wig has never looked so good as it does on you!

I'm so grateful for all the updates. You continue to be in my every prayer.

Love you so much,
Tracie