Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Nurses

Abbey and Sofey deserve a medal of honor for nursing today. Shannon needed to go to Cosco for us today and I assured her that I'd be just fine so she left Abbey and Sofey in charge. Unfortunately the medications I'm on sort of caught up with me and it was pretty wild for about half an hour with my two little nurses scurrying around and taking extra good care of me. After they got everything cleaned up they puffed up my bed pillows and got me back in bed, turned on a movie and then crawled in bed with me until Shannon got home. Pretty remarkable for a 6 and 9 year old!!! I'm feeling great tonight and look forward to hearing all about the the 4th festivities. What a blessing to live in this great country. Have a wonderful 4th and weekend!!! I love you all.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Shirlene-
First off, we LOVE you and know how crazy these past few weeks have been for you and Bishop. There are so many different emotions that play into this on both of your parts. We will continue to keep you both in our prayers and we know from our own recent experience what wonderful blessings lie ahead. It won't be easy but the Lord will continue to lift you and give you strength through it all! I have NO DOUBT that TENDER MERCIES will be granted. We are still in awe at all that we learned through all this. Chad and I would love to stop by and visit. May you continue to be positive. You are an amazing woman with such faith I have no doubt that you'll be an example to all of us through this journey! We love you!!!

Sandy Jackson said...

Hi Shirlene,
I wish I could spend the 4th at your bedside and have a little 4th of July celebration of our own. I'm glad you felt good last night and what wonderful nurses you had to help you yesterday. We will be at Dave's house in Surprise and the fireworks will go off two blocks from his house so we just sit in his front lawn and enjoy. I hope you found my first comment under "The journey begins...." it took me a few days to figure out how to send it.
Lots of Love, Sandy (AZ)

Zac and Catherine Griffith Fam said...

Shirlene,
Sandy Jackson let our family know what was going on with you. We are praying for you and so glad everything seems to be going good. My mom says hello (she doesn't know how to comment!) Good luck with everything! We know you will do great!
Love,
Catherine Elcock and family